What is your co-pay?
Do you have a deductible?
Will your insurance cover immunizations?
What is a PCP? Does your insurance require you to pick a PCP? Please note that it is the responsibility of the patient to know what benefits and services their insurance entitles them.
Patients are advised to bring along with them a copy of their most current insurance card when visiting our office. This ensures accuracy of documentation such as group number, provider number; provider contact is valid at the time of service. Please note that incorrect or out-of-date information will cause delays in processing your claims and may ultimately be held responsible for the full payment of the claim.
We ask that all charges (co-pays, deductibles and self-pay fees) must be made at the time of service. Payment may be made with cash, check, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. Your co-payment is determined from your insurance card, which you must bring with you to each visit.
Notification of Changes
We expect that you notify our office immediately of any changes to your insurance and bring your new card into the office for a copy to put into your chart. Likewise, any changes in your personal information such as change of address or telephone number should be made known as soon as possible.
Prior to getting a referral, you must first be seen at our office. If medically necessary, you will be referred to a participating specialist. We cannot issue referrals after the fact, so please obtain referrals prior to visiting the specialist. Please allow 3-5 working days to process your referrals as these take time to process.
Insurances We Accept
We accept several commercial insurances that are operative in the area, call our office at 517 265-1981 to confirm that we are accepting your insurance.
We also have participating agreements with several insurance companies including but not limited to the following:
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield - http://www.bcbs.com
- Great-West Healthcare - http://www.onehealthplan.com
- Aetna - http://www.aetna.com
- United healthcare - http://unitedhealthcare.com
- Cigna - http://www.cigna.com
- Paramount Health Care. - http://www.paramounthealthcare.com
- PPOM - http://www.ppom.com
- PHCS - http://www.phcs.com
- Medicaid state of MI (currently not accepting new patients) http://www.michigan.gov/mdch
- Health Plan of MI - (currently not accepting new patients) http://www.hpmich.com
- Great Lakes Health Plan - http://www.glhp.com (currently not accepting new patients)
Please note that your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. We encourage you to take time to understand your benefits as Nugapeds cannot guarantee payment of your claim. We will render the patient responsible for any uncovered services.